Sunday, January 11, 2004

I had a conversation recently... She asked me if soccer is really that important... And i thought about it, yeah maybe its not... But its one of those things that has kept me sane in this unrelenting system of achieving academic success... If you are good at something, you feel special cos its counted as a talent... And talent is what everybody wants... So in that sense, i feel i have something everybody wants, i feel gifted and blessed... And the praises that i get serve to bring me higher above the clouds, where i achieve temporary nirvana... hehe...I guess thats why we keep doing things we are good at and aim to improve at it... I admit that playing soccer, drawing and "photoshopping" has brought that feeling of uniqueness in me and it prevents me from slipping into depression where "nobody loves me" and all that horse crap... hehe... Maybe im not the best in what im good at, but at least im good enough to draw praises from friends, opponents and spectators... And im proud of that, because i have worked hard for it... Of course other people do other stuff to get that same feeling, joining dikir barat? getting into a relationship? i dunno... hehe... And of course, proficiency in these aspects of our lives commands respect from our peers... We are deemed cool enough to move into the upper strata of teenage society.. hehe.. where we hope we'll be popular....

No comments: