Sunday, January 11, 2004

Monday was the day society stirred, switching back to the humdrum of work mode.The migraine-inducing ringing of the alarm clock insisted i join the rest of the drowse-filled zombies. I hated the cabins filled with grunting labourers on their way to work, and how it jerked and creaked incessantly as i try to read the morning paper, also not forgetting the annoying generic announcements that nobody listened to.
Of course something always perked me up. The something was a she. She sauntered through the sliding door with the air-con blowing in her hair and face. I almost imagined the angels singing as time slowed down at that exact moment i turned to face her. I suffocated in the presence of her beauty, the music on my earphones changed to the song 12.51 by the strokes, the beats quickened in tempo along with my heartbeat. I struggle, trying to be subtle in movement so as not to attract her attention, the effect she had on me. And so i made a wish, a wish to be granted by the stars who favored me ever so often.
The wish came true, i always believed in the stars. Every minute i cherish, every smell i held dear, every physical embrace i smiled at. Everything about her is so easy to love, can our souls intertwine? Like mine did once before? I want to give her the bliss that she deserves. I pray she doesnt develop resistance to me, like so many have done before, when they saw how close i got to them in that short a time. A blessing turning into a curse. I am grateful i have her now, maybe im blessed, because i feel blessed. I truly love her i feel, a feeling that overwhelms my senses ever so often and makes me leap in delight. Haha. May this feeling and her never go away...

No comments: