Monday, January 12, 2004

a stigma is attached to my physical appearance
like some social halitosis that burdens
that i cant just scoff at or shrug off
do they expect me to display penitence?
in my confusion i feign apathy
can there be a cure for this indignity?

will i be plagued by flies while lying on my deathbed?
surrounded by delusional hallucinations of what they said?
the swatting of them by hand i try so desperately...
the futile attempts just sapping at my life energy...
praying to the altar of any passing titan
to provide the vessel en route to the promised land
and hold on to the mast hoping i dont let go
an illegal stowaway , i stoop so low
such is my desperation for acceptance
that i would fake that much sought redemption

and from my perch i observe
the lunar scenery seems to move and swerve
as if it were watching
as if it were following
everything rises from nothing
and so does the feeling of unique-ness
but i am the ignorant leading the blind
to be that cruel and unkind

No comments: